Google is known for coming up with new programs and then getting rid of them when they don’t work out. Anyone recall Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? While many have predicted a very similar fate for Google , an addition to this might just save the day. Google Hangouts is Google’s latest addition, and one that really has lots of usefulness. (Especially for marketers!)
Google Hangouts – The Short Version
The short version is that Google Hangouts are a great way to connect with other people via a live video chat, one that can be recorded and used in various platforms and in many different ways. Joined at the hip with your Google account, a hangout is extremely easy to launch, and it has a goldmine of interesting features for marketers. You can host a hangout with as many as ten other people, and many more can watch live at your YouTube channel, Google page, or a web page. Google records the entire affair, and sends a YouTube URL to you after you’re done, that you can then use in your marketing in several ways.
Marketing with Google Hangouts
Here are 10 great ways to use Google Hangouts in your marketing.
- Webinars – Sick of expensive GoToWebinar fees? Now you have a no cost alternative!
- Conferences – Simple to setup teleconferencing makes a Hangout a no-brainer for sharing a conference experience.
- Meetings – Hold meetings for clients, customer, prospect or affiliates on an informal, yet immediate platform.
- Product Launches – Create a buzz to help your product launch gain attention.
- Interviews – Capture interviews with others on the fly with Google Hangouts!
- Product Demos – Show people what you’ve got, live and in person!
- Virtual Press Conferences – Make your press releases go viral! In face we use this method for many of our web TV show press conference options at Go Mind Your Business.
- Live Streaming Events – Many marketers now use Google Hangouts as their own live TV station, broadcasting weekly shows.
- Q & A with Customers – Discover what your customers want and need easily. Great trust builder!
- Podcast from your Hangout – Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is extremely easy to accomplish.
Google Hangouts is a terrific new tool to include in your marketing mix. Don’t miss your chance to connect with your audience in a meaningful way. Need help? We are a phone call away at 813-863-1452. Contact Extreme Marketing Concepts today and get you video webinar marketing strategy working for you.