You’ve heard about it whenever anyone talks about getting subscribers to your email list. But perhaps you were never quite clear on how and what was required to create a lead magnet that will send people scrambling to get on your lists. Let’s fix that right this moment.
What lead magnets are and the way to implement them
Since new leads are the lifeblood of any business, it’s imperative that we get them. Simply stated a lead magnet is a valuable bribe offered in return for the prospects contact information.
The key is to make something for this purpose that is specific and benefits your audience now. No one wants to be waiting months for a benefit; provide them with something they can use today!
7 Killer Lead Magnets you can offer
- Infographic – The visual content darling of the year, infographics tell a powerful visual story in an interesting, easy to digest manner.
- Video – A video solving a specific problem your audience faces is always a winner. Not just that, a video can be used in a great many more mediums, spreading your lead gen efforts all over the place.
- Short reports – When we say short, we mean short, such as “7 Tips for Solving your Specific Problem” short. They aren’t going to read a novel from you just yet; make it short and sweet and romance them in the autoresponder followup sequence. These should run in the 10-15 page range.
- Cheat Sheets, Mindmaps and Blueprints – These can be gold, as you can compress a ton of valuable info onto one sheet, and people eat them up.
- Content Webinar – As webinars get cheaper and easier to carry out, holding a content packed webinar that includes valuable information in addition to showcasing your wares is a terrific way to not only get subscribers, but sales at the same time.
- Podcasts – Another great way to distribute specific chunks of content and further brand yourself as an authority in your space is to provide a digital download of a podcast as a lead magnet.
- Coupons or free trials – These are very popular as they represent money, and everyone likes to save more of that. An excellent way to introduce your products and services.