It is definitely a task always keeping up with all the changes Google goes through with their local products. Google Maps, Places, Google+ Local, and now, Google My Business. Before you go running away, throwing up both your hands, let me just tell you: It’s not bad at all.
Touted by Google as a way for local merchants and service providers to create and manage listings all in one user friendly platform, they appear to have accomplished exactly that!
Essentially Google+ is now the platform, and all else revolves around this.
5 Ways Google My Business Will Work for Your Local Business
- GMB allows you to easily update your information from one place – Once you claim your listing on Google My Business, you’ll get to update anything you wish regarding your business or online presence. You also have the ability to add pictures and even virtual tours if you want, thus making it easy for people to get a real understanding of your place.
- Connect with your customers through Google+ – You can talk to fans and customers directly through your company Google+ page, sharing content, and news. You can even start and conduct a Hangout on Air.
- Manage customer reviews – This one is the most talked about feature: the ability to see, respond and manage reviews on Google from one centralized location. Make sure you have a plan for handling your customer’s reviews, good or bad, and be sure anyone who will be posting to this page understands what you want to do.
- Run your business on the go – Using the Android and iOS apps, you can access any part of the Google My Business platform wherever you are.
- Customer Insights – Another cool feature. GMB shows you a number of useful statistics, such as where your customers are driving from. This will be useful when planning new campaigns. Another plus is that you can easily integrate your Google Analytics account into GMB. This is also true for Google Adwords.