Despite all the dire predictions on the demise of email marketing, what the evidence shows is the fact it’s still a vital element of your online marketing, now and for the foreseeable future. As per the 2013 UK Email Marketing Benchmark Report, there’s been a substantial increase in average email open rates, rising from 18.35 percent to 21.47 percent in the last 12 months. Furthermore, the average return on your email marketing investment is now a whopping $44.25 for each dollar spent. (iContact)
So how do you to take advantage of this?
Here are 5 easy tips to get your email marketing efforts heading in the right direction!
- Write mindblowing subject lines – Your subject lines really do matter, as your open rates will confirm if you gloss over this part. Make sure you do the needed work to fashion a subject line that makes people open your email! This may be a combination of curiosity, emotion, relevance and urgency. Make sure to check for spam compliancy as well.
- Write engaging content – Make certain your emails are not just written to engage, but are also supplying great content unique to your brand. Over-deliver with regards to handing out pearls of wisdom, as that is presumably why they’re subscribed to and following you in the first place, correct?
- Incorporate social media – This is a easy way to spread your emails around, particularly those with terrific content. Implement social sharing buttons in your emails, and encourage your users to use them. This can result in easy new opt-ins.
- Deliver mobile-friendly emails – Now that 64 percent of decision makers read their email on their mobile device,(TopRankBlog) and the average person checks their smartphone some 34 times a day, isn’t it time to make sure your emails are mobile friendly?
- Send email more often – This is one we frequently hesitate at. No one wants to keep harassing people who don’t want to read your messages. Sure, if you’re selling some shiny new object every email. Rather, make sure you keep sending excellent content that people simply can’t wait to read. Copyblogger reports that often your unsubscribes actually decrease if you mail more frequently.
If you are looking for suggestions with your email marketing, we may be able to help. Contact Extreme Marketing Concepts today at 813-863-1452.