Some Very Good Reasons to Use Instagram in Your Small Business Marketing
Instagram Marketing is a way for small business to engage and grow their reach. This tool is a free online photo sharing and social network platform acquired by Facebook in 2012. Instagram allows members users to upload, edit and share photos with other members through the Instagram website, email, and social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Foursquare and Flickr. On Instagram, you can follow other users’ photo streams, be followed back by those users, and search for friends by name or find any friends that may have previously connected to you on other social networks.
Some Ridiculous Numbers
Okay, just how popular has Instagram become since its founding in 2010? Here are 7 statistics that tell the story:
- Instagram has 100 million monthly active users. (Instagram)
- 40 million photos are posted per day. (Instagram)
- 28 percent of U.S. Internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram. (Pew)
- 98 percent of Instagram photos posted by top brands are now shared to Facebook. (Simply Measured)
- 59 percent of Interbrand’s top 100 brands are on Instagram. (SimplyMeasured)
- There are 8,500 likes per second on Instagram. (Instagram)
- 1,000 comments are made per second. (Instagram)
How Small Businesses Are Using Instagram
Small businesses is finding that connecting with their customers on a visceral level is most effective with a tool like Instagram. Knowning that what is interesting to the brand and to the core target customer are where they must be. Wise businesses will use Instagram as a window into their world. By sharing, small business owners put a face on their business, and start to enrich their relationships with customers.
Private Picassos, a children’s art studio in New York City, found that using Instagram to document their student’s progress has resulted in parents commenting and sharing the photos, increasing their business. ”
I don’t do any paid advertising, so it’s a way to encourage your client to do the marketing for you.” director Valeen Parubchenko says.
Is your business using Instagram marketing? Learn more by contacting Extreme Marketing Concepts today. We may be able to help. 813-863-1452.