How to Build a High-Converting Landing Page
It is easier than ever to create a landing page these days, with oodles of tools out there to generate beautiful pages in a few simple clicks.
But producing a highly-converting landing page: that’s a horse of a different color. There’s a lot of strategy that goes into making your landing page convert well, so let’s jump into that a bit by looking at these elements of a highly-converting landing page.
6 Ways to convert visitors to your landing pages
- A killer headline – You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and this is the element your visitor sees first. You need to make this headline not only get them to read on, but also understand that they need to take action on this offer.
- Use compelling images and videos – There’s no doubt about it: videos on your landing pages convert MUCH better than those without, so don’t miss out on this!
- Emphasize the benefits – People need to know what it will do for them, not what it will do. See the difference? Make liberal use of bullet points to indicate this, as opposed to a long block of text.
- Use a clear call to action – If you tell people in no uncertain terms exactly what you want them to do next, you’ll find that much more of the time they will do it. Don’t be shy about this. Also make your buy or download buttons stand out from the rest of the page, using color and persuasive text.
- Use customer testimonials – Using terrific testimonials from past customers is a great way to use social proof to make it easier for people to click that button. You don’t need a ton of them either; one or two will do.
- Employ scarcity – Like it or not, scarcity tactics work, and folks will click on your offer versus missing out, if you have done a good job telling them exactly why they need this now! Word of caution however: tell the truth. If you use false scarcity, they won’t trust you the next time around.
Looking to make your landing pages drive more traffic for your business? That is what we do at Extreme Marketing Concepts and we would love to help you in your business. Contact us today so see how we might be able to assist your business.